RSA - REMINDER March 16 Deadline: Call for Submissions: Outstanding Graduate Student Chapter Award
Call for Submissions: Outstanding Graduate Student Chapter Award
The Outstanding Graduate Student Chapter Award is designed to recognize and honor the student chapter members of RSA for their continued dedication to collaborating and promoting rhetoric-related events and to increase the visibility of RSA student chapters. Furthermore, we hope to encourage other student chapters to emulate the unique and productive activities successful chapters adopt.
The Outstanding Graduate Student Chapter Award recognizes the most creative, engaged student chapter. A prize of $500 will accompany the award.
Criteria for selection:
Competitive proposals will demonstrate that the graduate student chapter have met at least the following criteria:
- Has hosted or participated in interdisciplinary events that connect graduate students across departments.
- Has designed and hosted events and activities that may be successfully duplicated at other institutions.
- Has acted to expand the visibility and influence of RSA student chapters within the organization.
- Has hosted or participated in events and activities that increase the visibility of RSA and reflect the interests of the organization.
Materials to submit:
Student chapters who wish to be considered for the Outstanding Graduate Student Chapter Award must submit the following materials (for up to 2 years):
- A table of membership including faculty advisor(s) and graduate student members with their year and department affiliation(s).
- An annotated list of student chapter events. This list may include business meetings, guest speaker events, social events, panel planning meetings, participation in previous Student Chapter Award events, and so on. Annotations may include descriptions of events, attendance, budget information, and so on.
- Any materials that substantiate events as flyers, brochures, websites, recordings, and so on.
- A 500-word maximum rationale highlighting the student chapter’s achievements.
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 16, 2020. A winner will be decided by Monday, March 30, 2020. Notification will be sent to the person whose email account submitted the chapter proposal. If you have any questions please contact Karrieann Soto Vega and Laura Proszak at email@example.com