Exhibitor, Advertising, and Sponsorship Opportunities
The Seventeenth Biennial Rhetoric Society of America Conference will be held at the Atlanta Hilton on May 27-29, 2016, with a preconference day on May 26. This conference is the preeminent gathering of people from across the academy who focus their work in the field of rhetorical studies. It is a great opportunity for departments, programs, journals, and presses to display for marketing what they have to offer as well as to increase their visibility among those working in rhetorical studies.
The conference organizers expect more than twelve hundred scholars and teachers of rhetoric from across English studies, writing studies, and communication studies as well as other fields in the humanities and social sciences that engage the study of rhetoric. For colleges and universities, this makes RSA16 an ideal venue for advertising graduate programs and other initiatives in rhetorical studies, as well as supporting the ongoing work of students and faculty. For publishers, it is a great place to introduce and market work to people in this increasingly important field.
As you will see below, there are multiple opportunities at the conference, both for marketing and for advancing the awareness of people in this field of what you have to offer. Some of these opportunities are limited and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. There are a variety of “package” options listed, but we will consider other ways of packaging options. Please contact Michelle Ballif (firstname.lastname@example.org) to vet your deal.
You will be able to pay online with a credit card or request an invoice for payment by check.
reservation deadline: March 15, 2016
Once your reservation has been received, you will be provided with information regarding sending materials to the Hilton Atlanta
255 Courtland Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
1 table: $600
2 tables: $750
3 tables: $900
1 table + Full Page Program Advertisement: $800
a $1050 value!
reservation deadline: March 15, 2016
check on availability before ordering (email email@example.com)
ad specs will be provided in early 2016
Conference registration includes a printed program, detailing the schedule of sessions and special events; additionally, conference attendees can access program details with a mobile phone app. The printed program and the mobile phone app both provide rich opportunities for advertising.
- convention sponsorship (each launch of the mobile app will feature your institutional logo): $4500
- banner scroll (random scroll at the top of the program featuring your institution, company information, or link to your book or publication): $100 per day
*Check on availability before ordering
Full page: $450
Additional page: $150
Half page: $300
Inside Front Cover:* $700 SOLD
Inside Back Cover:* $700
Outside Back Cover:* $850 SOLD
Combination Print/App Packages
Package I: $400
a $500 value!
- half-page ad in the printed program
- two days of running banners on the conference’s mobile app, advertising your department/organization/publication forum
Package II: $600
a $750 value!
- full-page ad in the printed program
- three days of running banners on the conference’s mobile app, advertising your department/organization/publication venue
Events Sponsorship Opportunities
RSA is seeking sponsorships to help defray new costs attached to the conference that would otherwise require increasing the registration fees that attendees must pay. The sponsorship opportunities below are designed to do that but also to provide opportunities for you to publicize what you have to offer to the people in attendance.
- Keynote address (Friday) with Louise (Lucy) Knight: $1500 SOLD
- Opening reception (Friday): $4500
- Graduate student reception (Saturday): $1500
- Awards reception (Sunday): $4000
- Coffee break (Friday): $1000 SOLD
- Coffee break (Saturday): $1000 SOLD
- Coffee break (Sunday): $1000
- ISHR seminar on Quintilian: $1000
- Preconference retreat—“Career Retreat for Associate Professors”: $1000
- Preconference retreat—“Rhetorical-based Leadership”: $1000
- Preconference retreat—“Developing and Supporting Contingent Faculty Research”: $1000
- The Research Network Forum: $1500
- The Undergraduate Research Workshop: $1000*
Consider co-sponsoring an event. * means a co-sponsor is needed.
Additional Departmental Sponsorship Opportunities
Additionally, we invite departments and colleges to consider providing general sponsorship at various levels:
- Friends of RSA16: $250
- Supporters of RSA16: $500
- Sponsors of RSA16: $1000
Departments providing these levels of support will be acknowledged in the conference program (print and electronic via the conference app) and website.
For more options, or to discuss opportunities or packages, please contact Michelle Ballif (firstname.lastname@example.org).
RSA Tax ID # 41-1612678